- Government Scholarship: For detailed information and to apply visit the National Scholarship Portal- https://scholarships.gov.in
- Free Studentship Scheme:As part of the Land Deed agreement with the Syiem of HimaMylliem, the College upholds its social commitment by providing free studentship to students from Meghalaya from the economically weaker sections. The College also supports students from other states who come from the Below Poverty Line on the basis of Merit.
- Earn While You Learn:The College has also instituted the ‘Earn while your Learn’ scheme for students coming from economically weak families.
For scholarship details, please contact the Scholarship Nodal Officer: Mr.JinuKharbuki- 9612659603
Student’s Placement Cell:The Placement Cell plays a crucial role in providing the students with the right information of job opportunities for Under Graduates and Post Graduates passing out from the college by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The Placement Cell operates round the year to facilitate contacts between companies and graduates. The Placement Cell organizes career guidance programmes and workshops for all the students starting from first year.
- Mr. R. S. Wahlang, Convener
- Members: Dr. M. B. Mitri& All dept. liaison officers
Career Counselling and Guidance Cell
The Career Counselling and Guidance Cell offers free counselling services and conduct sensitizing workshop and training programmes to create awareness, learn coping skills and develop positive mental heal.
- Dr. J. P. Marak, Convener
- Members: Mrs. R. Kharumnuid, Ms. Longnam W. Kharpuri, Dr. D. Nongsiang, Mr. A. B. S Kharkongor & Mr. P. Syndai
In order to eradicate ragging, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued for setting up of a Central Crisis Hotline and Anti-Ragging database.
In accordance with the orders, UGC (University Grants Commission) and Govt. of India, the Anti-Ragging Cell committed to prevention of cases of anti-ragging activities within the campus. The aim of the cell is to eliminate ragging in all its forms.
- J. P. Marak, Convener.
- A. Malhotra, Dean of Student’s Welfare - Convener
- S. Sohlang, Warden, Stanley Hall- Member
- K. Sarma Warden, Austin John Int. Hostel- Member
- Jonestar L. Nonglait, Warden, Windham Hall- Member
- P. Syndai Warden, Sword’s Memorial Hall- Member
- A. B. S. Kharkongor, Warden, High Hall- Member
- Longnam W. Kharpuri Warden, Girl’s Hostel- Member
- P. Kharsyntiew Warden, Girl’s Hostel- Member
- N. Mawlong Matron, Girl’s Hostel - Member
To submit the anti-ragging Under-taking, please visit: click here
National Anti-Ragging Helpline
The College being residential in nature has a close bond between students and teachers. This relationship within the campus creates an opportunity to identify oneself as students and teachers with the sense of belonging to Union Christian College. Thus Alumni Association provides the platform for developing this relationship between the past and the present. Alumni members also support the College from time to time whenever the need arises.
- President- Dr. Sunil Pio
- Vice- president- Dr. (Mrs). FenellaNonglait
- Secretary- Mr.Bijoy A. Sangma
- Treasurer – Dr. (Mrs). M. C. Daimari
UCCIAN NOTABLE ALUMNI
“…the success of any school can be measured by the contribution the alumni make to our national life”- John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States.
Here is a brief list of the prominent position held by our alumni. We are blessed and pleased with the immense service done by them to our society.
Former Member of Parliament, Karnataka Alumnus 1960-62
Ordained Minister Mizoram Synod Alumnus 1953-55
Former Principal, U.C.C., Meghalaya M.A.Ph.D.LL.B.,B.C.S.